Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mamma Roma

The Queen of Anti-Glamour, Anna Magnani, seen here in uncharacteristically spruced-up mode for her appearance in 1941's Teresa Venerdi.  She cleans up pretty well, no? And she's 104 today.

There's a chance, you know, that the woman known as the incarnation of all things Italian, the goddess immortalized by Rossellini, Visconti, and Pasolini, actually hailed from the once flourishing Italian colony in our own dear Alexandria - and that her father might even have been Egyptian.  Wouldn't suprise me a bit - I'd recognize that temperament anywhere.

And I don't know which I covet more:  the headdress, the bracelet, the telephone, or the attitude.  Probably that last one, although I don't know if I could carry it off...

3 comments:

  1. One would need that attitude to wear that headdress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Is this the Cocksucker residence? Is this Four Two One Five Pussy Way? Now let me check the zip code. Two-one-two-fuck-you?" Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon! Such language! Such filthy, hilarious language...

    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: PUSSYWILLOW!

    ReplyDelete