Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Party all the Time

Da, da, my darlinks - it's the return of our favorite Soviet teens! Amazingly, in this shot, they've scared up enough casual outfits that no one's sharing, but I think that groaning buffet tells us all we need to know about entertaining à la Khrushchev.

One couple might be dancing to the micro-hi fi, but I think Boris is actually measuring Svetlana for a blouse. Why Mamushka is dressing like a retrograde bourgeois French maid I can't fathom, but Ludmila appears to have had just about enough of it and is preparing to denounce her halfway 'til Tuesday.

6 comments:

  1. Mamushka and Ludmilla are dressed very late 50's/early 60's. Boris and Svetlana look solidly mid to late 60's. And Tatiana and Yuri dancing in the back look more mid to late 70's. Which means, I suppose, that it's 1985.

    So many fashion eras colliding in one poorly decorated room.

    The teal pillow on the floor. What's that all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There should always be a floor pillow for those who consume too much vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right you are, Bill!

    Bill, I'm afraid I'm going to have to get cross with you if you don't update your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, MJ, you are so right. Mea culpa! It's been 18 months since I updated.

    Facebook has become more of an outlet.

    And moving our store to a larger location and this damned job at the Really Safe Insurance Company keep cutting into my blog time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill: Alas, Mistress MJ doesn't do Facebook.

    We'll just have to visit in the comments!

    ReplyDelete