Monday, October 19, 2009

And Now, a Word from our Sponsor

Can you imagine flying the Mermy skies? I'm picturing lots of Manhattans and a crew of cowering stews. Where Bennett Cerf fits in, I can't quite figure out.

Have I mentioned recently how much I loathe travel? At this point - and apologies, by the bye, for the long silence, but being as nice to people as I've had to be for the past week is exhausting - all I want is to be on the plane and back in our quiet little house.

Hell, I'd even sit Mermside to get there that much faster...

(There was, it turns out, a cavalcade of these "If you've got it..." spots for Braniff - and this was, in fact, one of the least odd couples involved.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you've been just charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just returned yesterday. i was not lucky enough to sit next to ethel & bennett.....i was next to a strange couple, the older man almost fucking his younger paramour. he was turned in her direction, which had his thigh on my arm.

    it was delightful.

    ReplyDelete