Sunday, April 8, 2012

Kill the Wabbit!


Well, she's been coming up like the bad penny she is (and wouldn't Bad Penny make a great name for a Batman villainess?), so I thought it only appropriate to mark today's holiday with this startlingly unflattering shot of Miss Loretta Young.  Some days in the stills gallery must have been more trying than others, no?

I suppose it's not right to feel so hostile about someone like Loretta, whose only real offense was her iron devotion to a very peculiar kind of virtue (oh, and her almost total inability to act, beyond a certain effectiveness bestowed by her vast eyes, exaggerated bone structure, and rigorously maintained figure).  But I just can't help it.  If I'd had my way, this bunny would be hassenpfeffer...

1 comment:

  1. For a lifelong Republican Catholic, she certainly was a helluva tramp! Jx

    ReplyDelete