Thursday, July 17, 2008

Birthday Madness

This is one of the most schizophrenic birthday-days I have seen in a long time. Luminaries born today run the gamut from David Hasselhof to HRH the Duchess of Cornwall, with Phyllis Diller, Phoebe Snow, and Art Linkletter thrown in for good measure. And James Cagney, for crying out loud.

So let's just wish them all every happy return and focus on this remarkable image of another of today's birthday girls, Miss Diahann Carroll, a lady whose six decades in the limelight have taken her from House of Flowers to Dynasty and well beyond.


Not to mention being the model for the very first black character fashion doll, Julia, seen here looking hipper than I remembered.

Let's hope that even now she's having Lots of Lovely Love and wearing something highly dominiquedeverauxische.

1 comment:

  1. You mind reader, you! I just blogged about Ms. Carroll's birthday, and as I was doing so, was thinking, "Gee...she shares it with some odd ducks!"

    Cagney...eh. Phyllis I missed, but then, I'm sure *she* doesn't remember it's her birthday, either.

    ReplyDelete