Friday, January 16, 2015

Siamese If You Don't Please


I suppose it's churlish to complain, but you see, once again my implacable overlords in the executive corridors of Golden Handcuffs Consulting Amalgamated International have spoken.  As a result, I'll be spending the upcoming festive holiday weekend trapped in the not-very-pleasant sections of a series of airplanes (not one of them BOAC, either), only to emerge sometime Monday on the far side of the earth.

Now, I like Bangkok as much as anyone (well, actually, that's not true - I understand that there are all sorts of unsavory types who like Bangkok a tad too much, and for all the wrongest reasons imaginable), and, yes, it will be nice to escape the winter weather, and maybe I'm just getting to be - if that's possible - even duller, but...

I'd really rather stay home.  I like our little flat; I miss the dogs; and then there's the whole not-being-around-the-husband thing.  Bother.

Even so, I'll do my best to keep my spirits up, and if that involves lashings of really good crab fried rice and making generous use of the Executive Lounge complimentary cocktail hour, so be it.

Wish me luck...

3 comments:

  1. Bon voyage sweetie. Bring me back a ladyboy if it's not too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my wishes for the best of luck, but do hurry back, cupcake. It's such a chore to keep these home fires burning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure a trip to 'Babylon' is just the ticket to restore yourself. What with the jetlag and all....

    ReplyDelete