Friday, September 21, 2012

New Kids in Town


There seems to be a bit of a changing of the guard in Bollywood - some longtime Café fave-raves haven't been in headlines much (wherefore art thou, Mr. Abraham?), or have taken time off (although at least dear Mr. Patel is back in the studios), or are simply otherwise engaged.

All the more reason, then, that these two spruce young things caught my eye this week in our daily paper's entertainment section.  While distinctly on the junior side of things, and perhaps a touch less burly than is our wont, I think it's clear that both Mr. Varun Bhawan,seen here with the guitar and regrettable tattoo, and Mr. Siddharth Malhotra (and it's a measure of what a restrained, tasteful blogger I am that I didn't write "MalHOTra," don't you think?), looking pensively off camera, show great promise.

They are costarring in a shortly forthcoming epic titled Student of the Year, and I can only think it a wasted opportunity that it wasn't directed by Mr. William Higgins, who I am sure would have added a rather different to spin to what is likely not all that thrilling a picture.

1 comment:

  1. I for one would like to be the one giving Mr. Malhotra the Ambush Massage.

    ReplyDelete