Thursday, April 5, 2012

Wanna Wrestle?


It's April 5, 1983 - just 29 years ago today - and some forgotten circumstance has brought together Christopher "Blue Lagoon" Atkins and a rather pleasingly configured gentleman called Chris Dickerson (per his website, "Bodybuilding Champion, IFBB Hall of Fame Bodybuilder, Mr. Olympia and Mr. America") to create this unsettling little tableau. 

Why, do you suppose, are they posing next to what appears to be a satin-draped bed - when, given the presence of onlookers, it doesn't seem too likely that this boyish display is a prelude to anything more intime?  Didn't we all, back in 1983, know the girl who had just that sweater?  Who do you think looks more intrigued by the possibilities the whole thing seems to present (me, I can't decide - Christopher is definitely up for something, but Chris shows every sign of having dishonorable intentions as well)?  Finally, is it wrong to find the whole thing more than just a little bit hot?

Chris Dickerson fun fact:  per Wikipedia, to which I repaired, not knowing a thing about this great big hunk of handsome, he "is an accomplished opera singer in addition to his career in athletics...Today, Dickerson lives in Florida where he continues to train, conduct seminars, and correspond with current athletes."  I can't help thinking that I'd love to hear him hit a high note or two, and that's a correspondence I wouldn't mind getting a gander at...

4 comments:

  1. I would hate to come between them. What am I saying? I'd LOVE to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...Mr. Dickerson posed for Roy Dean (without his fine washables on) during the late 70s

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Races to Google image search....returns*

    Oh. Oh, my. Well, now I better understand why Chris Atkins has that shit-eating grin. Thank you very much for that tip, Mr. M.!

    ReplyDelete