Thursday, February 2, 2012

Beefcake Update #1


Since yesterday may have been just a bit of a downer, I thought today we'd launch the first of a few Important Updates in the lives of some of our Café regulars.

Since last we met, of course, Egypt has had (as Eleanor of Acquitaine once observed of her own family, at least in The Lion in Winter) its little ups and downs, and at some point I suppose we will have to have a chat about all that.

In the meantime, though, there have been some triumphs and trials - and, it must be admitted, some setbacks - in the career of dear Mr. Tarek Naguib, last seen waxing Tribbianiesque (here, I'm happy to see that he has, by all appearances, cut down on the waxing, up to a point). In March 2010, he traveled halfway 'round the world to Incheon, South Korea, to vie for the coveted Mr. World title.

But alas, it was not to be. The dear boy only made the top 20, and has since retreated to a Nileside career in modeling and the occasional music video.

But all is not lost - if only because, while carrying out the necessary rigorous research that has gone into uncovering all this, I've just now encountered...someone new. Gentle readers, let me introduce you to one Mohammed Al Maiman, of whom more, I suspect, anon:

Back in 2010, he was Tarek's competition and vanquisher, as he went on to finish as 2nd runner up. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind running up against him any time. I suspect we'll be running into him again hereabouts, with any luck at all...

1 comment:

  1. The moment a man shaves his armpits he becomes a little less interesting to me. But I'd still do him.

    ReplyDelete