Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rockbird Superstar


If the photo evidence is to be believed, much of the fashion worn by the preening guests at last night's annual Metropolitan Museum gala was pretty woeful.  Even so, the organizers of the celebration - in honor of the Costume Institute's new "Punk: from Chaos to Couture" show - certainly got one thing right: they hired Blondie as the evening's headliner, and it certainly looks like dear Miss Deborah Harry delivered.

I don't know about you, but I'm always touched by her presence, dear.  I bet Mrs. Vreeland would have been, too...

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I wonder "Whatever happened to all the style I so very clearly lack?" I remember that it landed in Ms Harry's lap

    ReplyDelete
  2. An icon. A groundbreaker. I wonder how many others (apart from Madonna) on that so-called "punk" red carpet will get similar accolades in thirty-five years' time? Jx

    ReplyDelete