Thursday, December 5, 2013

Make My Spirits Rise Again


Oh, kids, I won't lie to you...

I'm finding it just a shade hard to summon up the holiday spirit this year.  I was casting about for something just right to telegraph that feeling - a hesitancy, a hint of nostalgia, a touch of disappointment at the tawdry omnipresence of Christmasiness in all its worst forms - which admittedly mostly translated into listening to version after version of that not-cheeriest of holiday anthems, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."

Oh, it's nothing serious, I think - just that passing feeling one gets, knowing how time flies and how little remains of what it all seemed to mean in say, 1967...

And then I found this.  How can one not fall under the spell of Mitzi and so know, as a granite certainty, that while we may have grown both a little older and a little colder, it's still time to haul out the holly?

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya. At let we still got Mitzi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need a little Mitzi, that's for sure! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything just got very twinkly and very, very happy. Thank you Muscato and, Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I needed that! If I had my druthers we'd move Christmas right into the doldrums of February, or maybe the middle of Lent to break it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know how I feel about Mitzi! And about you!

    ReplyDelete