Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Mystery: Who's That Woman?


Fame was still in the future for this pretty lady when she posed for a fashion feature in her hometown paper.

It wasn't a fast passage from community-theater leading lady to household name, and by the time she became a star, more than a few years had passed.  Nonetheless, she ranks among my favorite ladies and may well be one of yours.

As usual, carissimi, those of you already in the know might kindly wait a turn or two for the more adventurous guessers to weigh in...

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, I have no idea, but that dress looks like it's trying to eat her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was distracted by the odd bust and waistline of the dress but once I zoomed in on the face, I knew her at once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't want to spoil it for the folks who want to ponder it a little longer, but I'm willing to bet they don't call her the "Terminator" for nothin'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks like a young Gloria Huddle. But Gloria's fame is probably too particular and too narrow for the narrative spelled out above.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm seeing a slight resemblance to Anne Bancroft . . . which thus means it couldn't be her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, all! I, too, thought she was a little Bancrofty (and she does look more than a tad Huddlish, really), but she is indeed the Terminator. Isn't it interesting that someone so distinctive in middle age and beyond could seem so comparatively bland when young?

    ReplyDelete