Sunday, March 18, 2018

Au Reservoir


Carissimi, the Café is going on a little break.

What with one thing and another, I'm feeling a little fragile, and at least until I have this and that sorted out, things will be quiet (even quieter than usual!) around here. Now, don't worry: we're well, and healthy enough, and there's no Great Looming Issue. It's just that the state of the world has me down, and this has proved a late, ungenerous, and hesitant spring, and in general I'm too glum to be much good company.

If you're Twitter-inclined, I do hang out there now and then, and I will be checking in here from time to time, if only because I depend so very much on my Blog Roll (and what a lovely, old-fashioned concept that seems, no? Practically Edwardian) over there on the right for diversion and enlightenment.

I don't mean to be gone for good, and I trust you'll behave yourselves in the meantime. Sooner or later something will amuse or amaze me enough to want to share it, and here I'll be.

Au revoir, my dears, and thank you more than you can know for all these years of fun.

11 comments:

  1. Not you as well..? With MJ hiding her head under a snowdrift, the "essential reading list" is getting slimmer by the minute. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Fare thee well. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. I do hope you'll feel better once winter finally surrenders.

    I'll miss you terribly. Who else understands my Lucia references? All I can do is look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your sabbatical, and thanks for the laughs. You shall be missed - au reservoir indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may not comment much but I do keep up with this blog. Hope you're not gone long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best, mon frere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muscato - if you can tempt Thombeau out of his Sanctum Sanctorum, it proves you are needed! That's like a benediction... Jx

      Delete
  7. Take the time you need, we'll be here, or on a blog you visit from time-to-time, thrashing about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will miss your online presence. Spring = rebirth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear, I hope the glum doldrums end soon. I had been under my own for a while but year but am finally getting out from under. This too shall asps but I'll miss you until then!

    ReplyDelete